Ways to reduce Employement Practice Liability
- Review potential loss exposures with your insurance agent and purchase adequate employment practices liability insurance.
- Develop an employee handbook detailing your company's workplace policies including attendance, discipline and complaints.
- Create a job description for each position that clearly defines expectations of skills and performance.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews of employees and carefully note the results in the employee's file.
- Develop a screening and hiring program to weed out unsuitable candidates on paper before calling them to interview in person.